Marijuana and honey, both of which are known to have healing properties, are a great combination. Honey on its own is a powerful food that can be used in many good ways. When combined with marijuana, the two compounds offer benefits not enjoyed by using one product at a time. To make cannabis honey, you need to start with a marijuana tincture. Sugar shack is made of leaves and foliage which provide a much higher cannabinoid content than buds.
Cannabis-infused honey is a good way to consume cannabis because it can be added to food or consumed as a tea. Marijuana infused into honey allows you the benefits of using marijuana without smoking it. To help users of cannabis-infused honey, below is an explanation about how to make cannahoney at home.
Out of all the recipes for infused cannabis food, Cannabis Honey is one of the easiest to make. The recipe requires only two ingredients.
You can infuse Cannabis into honey without much difficulty, but it will take a lot of time for the flavor to be comparable to that which you find in grocery stores.
The process is only understood better when cannabinoids are soluble in fat. For this reason, they dissolve in fat more efficiently than other solvents and absorb well into the fatty tissue.
This is the reason why, when we infuse cannabis in edibles, we would usually start off with a high fat medium, like oil or butter to extract and infuse the weed to first and from there combine this infused fats to whatever we choose to cook.
Honey is usually not known as a high fat food, so this is not usually a normal thing people would use to infuse weed to. So to be able to do so as mentioned earlier we must use the correct kind of honey to be able to successfully pull this recipe off.
So, what you should be looking for is the most raw, unfiltered, unprocessed honey you can get your hands on! This means that since this type of honey has not undergone any processing yet its fatty acids are still intact!
Usually this kind of honey is still cloudy in appearance because this still contains all the beeswax sediments in it. These particles are the game changer in the honey infusion process as this is where the cannabinoids will be binding and get stored into.
Here are the instructions on how to make Cannabis honey!
Cannabis Honey Recipe
What you need to prepare:
- Oven Safe Tray
- Double boiler
- Parchment Paper
- 1 Cup Honey
- 4 Grams Decarbed Marijuana(King Thunder Fuck or any of you favorite strain)
How to Make Cannabis Honey
1. Decarb your Buds. Use a tray and line this with parchment. Spread the buds on the tray. Place in an oven for around half an hour to an hour at 240 degrees F. Mix the buds around every 10 mins to distribute the heat evenly.
2. Grind the buds coarsely and mix this with the honey in the double broiler. Put on the stove top and and set on low heat. Make sure not to let the honey/weed mixture boil too much as this will risk vaporizing the cannabinoids.
3. Let the mixture simmer and maintain it in low heat for around an hour. Stir mixture occasionally.
4. Now let the Cannabis-Infused Honey cool down and set aside.
5. Position the Funnel on the Jar and line this with cheesecloth. Once this has cooled down enough to handle. Pour the mixture in the funnel and let this drip through the cheesecloth filter for a whilem.
6. Once all of the honey seeped through. Take the cheesecloth with your hands and tie the corners together to make a small pouch containing the weed sediments in it. Keep twisting the cheesecloth to squeeze out all the weed goodness left in its bits.
7. Viola! You now have your own Cannabis-Infused Honey ready to be mixed into anything you wish! May it be your tea! On toast or even your morning oats!
Why Is This Canna Honey Recipe Different?
The main thing that sets this recipe apart from other cannahoney recipes is the use of sunflower lecithin. Consequently, this method results in no messy cheesecloth, no heat and little time required to make a superior infused product.
Ingredients in Cannahoney
The ingredients in cannahoney are simple and inexpensive. In particular, this includes creamed honey, sunflower lecithin, liquid coconut oil, cannabis and LorAnn flavoring oil (flavoring is optional).
The best choice for the cannahoney infusion is pure unpasteurized creamed honey. Make sure you find “PRODUCT OF CANADA” on the label to ensure you are using the best quality product.
Most health food stores or bulk stores have sunflower lecithin in powder or granular form. Check the expiry date on the package for product freshness.
Use decarboxylated cannabis in cannahoney. In order to decarboxylate cannabis, heat it in the oven at 240°F for 25 to 30 minutes. If using dried flower, grind decarboxylated cannabis to a fine powder. You can also use decarboxylated concentrates infused with a small amount of coconut oil.
The cannahoney recipe requires 1 Tablespoon of liquid coconut oil in total. If using capsules or tincture, for example, you may have ½ Tbsp of liquid. Thus, add ½ Tbsp liquid coconut oil to make 1 Tbsp total oil.
The best brand of flavoring is LorAnn. Use natural oil specifically for best results. Selections include cinnamon, anise, clove, mint, orange and lemon. The oils are usually available at your local bulk store and online.
LorAnn oil adds an amazing flavor punch to your cannahoney. For example, ½ dram of cinnamon oil infused with 250 mL honey tastes like hot cinnamon candies. Also, ¾ dram of mint oil in 250 mL honey tastes like scotch mint candies.
How to Make Cannahoney
1. Mix together 1 Tbsp sunflower lecithin with 1 Tbsp coconut oil, cannabis and flavoring. Stir together until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
2. Add 1 cup creamed honey to oil/lecithin/cannabis mixture. Mix thoroughly until a smooth. If you find it is too difficult to mix by hand, you could use an electric mixer with dough hook attachment.
3. Put cannahoney into a container. Hex shaped honey jars are very attractive and make a lovely gift. Attach the appropriate THC symbols to the container and store safely out of reach of children and pets.
Safely Store Cannahoney
Because outdated sunflower lecithin can cause the product to become rancid, refrigeration is recommended.
The main thing that sets this cannahoney recipe apart from other cannahoney recipes is the use of sunflower lecithin. Also, there is no cheesecloth required, there is less mess, less time and less energy required to make this infused cannahoney.
- 1 cup creamed honey
- 1 Tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp sunflower lecithin
- LorAnn flavored oil optional
- Decarboxylate dried cannabis flower or concentrates. Grind cannabis to a fine powder. If using concentrates, dissolve in 1 Tbsp warm coconut oil.
- Mix coconut oil, sunflower lecithin, cannabis and flavoring until it is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add honey to oil/lecithin/cannabis mixture. Cream together until mixture is smooth and completely incorporated.
- Put cannahoney in jar. Store in a cool, dark place.
Using Dried Cannabis Flower to Make Cannahoney
Grind decarboxylated cannabis flower to a fine powder. Add to lecithin, coconut oil and flavoring.
Using Capsules or Tincture to Make Cannahoney
Put tincture or capsules into a tablespoon and top up with liquid coconut oil totaling 1 Tbsp oil.
Using Concentrates to Make Cannahoney
You can use BHO, shatter, RSO and other concentrates to make cannahoney. After decarboxylation, dissolve concentrates in one Tbsp of warm liquid coconut oil. Do not add additional coconut oil to the cannahoney.
This recipe is simple, doesn’t require a crockpot, and infuses cannabis efficiently.
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 15 grams very finely ground, decarboxylated cannabis (if you do not decarb your cannabis before making the cannabis honey, you will not experience a high or the same medicinal effects)
- 1 cup of honey
- Mix the sunflower lecithin, coconut oil, and cannabis in a small bowl until it is totally combined and smooth.
- Add honey to the lecithin mixture. Use an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment to mix until the product is completely blended, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer cannabis honey into a jar. Store in a dark place at room temperature. Use within a year for best results.