Sugar cookies are a Christmas favorite.
Weed Infused Christmas Cookies are the perfect party offering that is sure get your guests going. If you are attending a Christmas party and hoping to bring the coolest dessert, check these out.
Will these Weed Infused Christmas Cookies get you high?
It is up to you to decide if you would like these weed cookies to have psychoactive effect. This is dependant on the type of cannabis strain that you choose in their creation. Choosing a CBD strain will prevent elevating effects. In contract, choosing a THC strain will ensure an altered consciousness.
Speak to your budtender to find out what cannabis strain will work best for you. Be sure to tell them if you would like a CBD or THC bud. It is also worth adding that you are using this to create weed edibles. They may suggest a particular type of cannabis that is best for weed foods.
What will I be using, you ask?
Your Weed Infused Christmas Cookies work well with cannabis butter (cannabutter). This recipe will show you how to create cannabis butter.
Now that your cannabis butter is ready, it is time to make your Weed Infused Christmas Cookies.
Dress up your Weed Infused Christmas Cookies!
It’s Christmas. Christmas is the time to go all out with your baking and dress it up for the occasion.
Excitingly, we are shaping your Weed Infused Christmas Sugar Cookies like a Christmas tree. Consider decorating your tree just like you would the real thing. Use green icing to create bowes. Color your icing gold to top your tree with a star. Color your sugar in Christmas theme to dust your cookies.
There are many ways that you can package your cookies in holiday theme. Put your cookies in a red box with a bow. Tie a ribbon around a stack of these cookies for gifts.
Use your imagination and create a fancy holiday favor that is sure to please.
Start Your Weed Infused Christmas Cookies!
We love to see how your homemade weed infused edibles turn out. Tag us in a picture of your cannabis infused cookies on social media. Send us a message in the comments below!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Cannabis Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powderBUTTERCREAM
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Cannabis sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 -2 tablespoons whole milk, you can
- green food color
- COOKIESPreheat oven to 350° F.
- Add both butters to the bowl of your stand mixer and cream on medium-high for 1-2 minutes, or until butter is smooth.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the sugar and then the egg.
- Scrape the bowl with the mixer off.
- Turn mixer back on low and add in extracts.
- Allow all ingredients to combine fully.
- Add the baking powder and then the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until fully incorporated. Ending with the cocoa powder.
- Remove bowl from mixer and drop dough onto a floured countertop. Roll out into a flat disc, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut cookies into 2-inch, 1 1/2-inch, and 1-inch cookies and bake at 350 for 6-9 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.BUTTERCREAM
- Beat butter together with cannabis sugar in the bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. (about 3 minutes)
- With the mixer off or on low, add vanilla and almond extract.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in confectioners sugar, cannabis sugar, milk, green food color, and salt; frequently scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Once incorporated, whip frosting for at least 3 minutes on medium-high to high.
- If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
Eating Cannabis is Healthier Than Smoking
If you’re new to the medical marijuana field, you may find yourself wondering how cannabis can positively affect your health. To begin with, cannabis has a wide range of compounds and its effects can vary a lot depending on the intake method.
For example, when we smoke marijuana, we are absorbing it through our bloodstream, getting a more immediate effect but also for a shorter period of time. When ingesting cannabis edibles, we process them in the liver through our gastrointestinal system. This translates into more time for cannabis to take action but it also has prolonged and stronger effects than when smoked.
So, we could say that given the differences between both administration methods, there are different health affections on our system too.
However, when it comes to consuming cannabis edibles, not only you dodge the downsides of smoking hemp but there are many health benefits associated with its consumption too.
Consuming weed by smoking or vaporizing, although these two also share a couple of differences, has shown to have a few negative effects on our bodies, given smoking is not good for anyone, no matter what it is that you are smoking.
Let’s check some of the health benefits of cannabis edibles consumption listed below to find out if they are exactly what you need.
Helps Insomnia, Anxiety, and Mental Illnesses
Starting with the technical aspects, there are two main components found in cannabis: one called tetrahydrocannabinol -known as THC– and cannabidiol –CBD.
The first one, THC is mainly responsible for the psychoactive effects of marijuana, causing feelings of relaxation and euphoria, and getting the ‘high’ effect. At the same time, CBD can have anxiety-relieving effects on the muscles and mind.