Nerds are a scrumptious and popular candy. Of course, we are celebrating this candy by infusing it with another novelty. Cannabis Infused Nerd Candies are sure to be a hit. Especially as an amazing weed infused candy rope! Try our step-by-step recipe and make an exciting weed edible for the whole crew.
How is this candy infused?
Interestingly, we dose our cannabis infused nerd candies with cannabis coconut oil. This kitchen staple is easy to make and houses a fantastic flavor. Follow this simple recipe to create your very own canna-coconut oil.
Be sure to decarb your weed prior to creating your oil. Otherwise, you will not attain its desired effects.
What is a weed infused candy rope?
Simply put, weed infused candy rope is a cluster of candy that forms a long rope. With the help of gelatin and jello, we infuse this string of candy with cannabis coconut oil. This weed treat is super sweet and super fun. Wrap these weed candies individually or serve them as is. Cannabis candy rope is an exciting way to experience cannabis edibles.
Will Cannabis Infused Nerd Candies make me high?
If your intention is to get high, you must select a cannabis strain that is high in THC and low in CBD. If you are hoping to avoid any elevation properties, choose a CBD strain. This strain must be high in CBD and low in THC. THC is the property of cannabis that elicits a mind altering experience. Thusly, you must choose a weed strain that works for your specific needs. Talk to your budtender to find the marijuana strain that works for you.
Create Cannabis Infused Nerd Candies Today! Follow The Weed Candy Rope Recipe Below!
Show us how your candies turn out on social media! Let us know how you enjoy this recipe in the comments below.
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 oz. lime Jello or 4 sheets of Gelatin
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup Corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp sunflower lecithin
- 1/4 cup canna-coconut oil
- Large sheet of parchment paper for cutting
- Add gelatin to 1/4 cup of water, set aside to bloom/ soften. ( skip if using jello)
- Dissolve corn syrup into 1/2 cup water in medium pot.
- Add lime jello and turn heat to medium until mixture reaches a boil.
- Turn heat down to low, allow to simmer several minutes.
- Stir in sunflower lecithin.
- Slowly stir in the gelatin mixtures that you set aside (#1) and allow it to dissolve in simmering pot. In case you don’t use gelatin, use the jello mix.
- Add canna-coconut oil/ your (THC/CBD). Mix well. Try not to create bubbles.
- Poor into your candy rope molds and let it cool.
Weed nerd ropes are quickly becoming one of the most popular cannabis edibles to make at home! If done right, this edible recipe can turn out fantastic! This post is going to show you the step by step guide on how to make weed nerd ropes.
If you’re just skimming this post, make sure to check out the potency calculator near the bottom. It will help you estimate the potency of your weed nerd ropes.
Here’s What You’re Going to Need
To make nerd ropes you’re going to need a few ingredients:
- 2 boxes of nerds
- 1 cup of gummy bears
- cannabis tincture
The only ingredient in this recipe that you won’t find at your local supermarket is cannabis tinctures. Luckily, we have a comprehensive guide to making cannabis tinctures here.
You’re also going to need some equipment:
- Aluminum Foil
- squeeze bottle
- Aluminum Foil
- squeeze bottle
- 2 boxes nerds
- 1 cup gummy bears
- 1 tbsp cannabis tincture
- Put the gummy bears in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes at half power.
- While the gummy bears are melting, fold a sheet of aluminum foil back and forth until there are crevices and there is aluminum foil that prevents any of the cavities from joining with each other. See the video below for an example.
- Take the melted gummy bears out of the microwave. Add the cannabis tincture and mix it well. Make sure all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Once combines, transfer the mixture into a squeeze bottle.
- Pour some nerds in each one of the tin foil crevices. Make sure to completely cover the bottom of the tin foil otherwise the gummy mixture could stick.
- Using the squeeze bottle, evenly pour some of the gummy mixture over the nerd ropes. Once you have used all of the gummy mixture pour the rest of the nerds overtop.
- Put the nerd ropes in the freezer for one hour. Shake off the excess nerds. Once hard, carefully pull the ropes off of the aluminum foil.