Have overripe bananas? Instead of tossing them, use them to make cannabis muffins.
Yes, you read that right: We have a chocolate chip banana muffin recipe that is pure perfection — and it’s delicious with and without the cannabis butter (if you choose not to dose it up for your medicinal or recreational pleasure).
Double Chocolate Cannabis Banana Bread Muffins
I love banana bread. It’s always moist and sweet, and because there’s fruit in it, it makes me feel like I’m eating something healthy. I’m also always making it because it’s the best way to use up those way-to-ripe bananas that are always on my counter. Because I’m also a firm believer that you can never have enough chocolate, I’ve added not just chocolate chips but also cocoa powder to make these cannabis muffins DOUBLE chocolate!
- Muffin tin
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 large bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons cannabis butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. You can also use a lightly greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine mashed bananas with melted butters. Stir in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Then add the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix. Then, stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill each cupcake liner to about 2/3 full and top each with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.